Brand Marketing Manager
Awe Inspired is a venture-backed spiritual wellness brand based in Los Angeles, CA. In 2018 when lifelong jeweler Jill Johnson beat cancer for the third time, she set out to design a necklace that was universally wearable, exceptionally made, and deeply empowering as a way to honor her fellow survivors. Thus the Goddess Necklace was born. Jill’s zillennial son Max made a digital Goddess Quiz that went viral, and together they founded Awe Inspired.
Since then, we’ve dedicated ourselves to helping others Live in Awe by designing wearable tokens of empowerment and using our platform to champion equality and social justice. Our beloved Goddess Collection has been worn by some of the most inspiring women in the world (Madonna, Miley, Taylor, Demi, Tyra, SJP, Halsey, etc) and featured in Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, W, and InStyle. A portion of all proceeds benefit our incredible charity partners, and to date we’ve donated a million dollars to the causes we champion.
The Awe Inspired Brand Marketing Manager plays a pivotal role within the Awe team, managing our brand strategy and the activation of our brand architecture across key marketing tentpoles: brand collaborations and partnerships, ambassador and influencer programming, celeb seeding, PR/editorial outreach, and experiential marketing. With a strong emphasis on brand building and deepening our audience reach and resonance, this role will amplify our brand awareness, engagement, and conversion through innovative brand storytelling and impactful initiatives.
This position is integral to the growth of our brand. The Brand Marketing Manager has both the aptitude for seamless brand communications and commands a natural elevated taste, behaving as our brand ambassador throughout all collaborations. This important team member remains at the forefront of cultural, consumer, and category trends in fashion, wellness, luxury, and spirituality.
- Leading the Ideation, production and execution of all brand, press/PR, partnership, and influencer campaigns in collaboration with the marketing team and external agencies. Including vendor identification, location activation, and partner/ talent communication;
- Working closely with product leads in the development of brand campaigns and all ambassador and influencer seeding in collaboration with social, campaign, and fulfillment teams;
- Partnering with site, retention, acquisition, and product merchandising teams to ensure our brand is cohesively and impactfully represented across all marketing touchpoints;
- Developing, managing, and leading all marketing plans of key tentpole experiential events;
- Partnering with our PR agency for all product pulls, managing product loans and building relationships with celebrities and talent;
- Modeling best practices for communicating the brand, leading internal and external teams in the creation of brand forward and consumer first experiences;
- Overseeing analytics for all brand marketing, setting the go-forward partnerships, influencer, and experiential strategy including market and budget optimization. Comfortable presenting findings in weekly cross-functional team meetings;
- Managing gifting for any experiential supporting brand & studio partners, including branded merchandise;
- Managing team budget and ensuring internal experiential events tracker and larger marketing team tracker are accurate and up to date. Including, submitting any external vendor invoices with accounting.
- Required: 5 – 7 years of experience in brand marketing at a luxury/accessories/fashion brand or public relations agency. Jewelry and DTC experience a huge plus;
- Required: a deep LA network of VIPs, influencers, stylists, publicists, and plugged into the spiritual wellness space;
- Organized, self-starter, collaborative, team player;
- Social media native, fluent in influencer content creation;
- Must have experience managing marketing budgets;
- Deadline driven, can work under pressure and under tight deadlines;
- Adept at managing travel, vendors, and talent;
- You’ll be working 2 days a week out of our 8446 Melrose flagship store and must live within easy commuting distance.
- Attractive base salary
- Generous healthcare benefits;
- 50% off all Awe products;
- Opportunity to create products that bring meaning and strength to women and minorities and supports those in need through our charity give back program;
- Trajectory and history of success at a brand that is profitable and operates in a fast-growing, highly-attractive market segment;
- Collaboration opportunity with enthusiastic founder team;
- Caring environment that values the societal impacts of its operations as much as financial gain.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Awe is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.