Sr Mechanical Engineer
Softwear Automation is disrupting the $100B sewn products industry by reducing sewing labor costs via cutting-edge robotics. We are excited to be changing the textile & clothing manufacturing industry in a way that hasn’t been seen since the Industrial Revolution and are in need of smart, passionate people to join our growing team!
As a senior mechanical engineer, your responsibilities will be to contribute to the design and development of Sewbot technologies and workcell applications. You will be part of a team of engineers and expected to contribute to your teams projects in your areas of expertise. At the senior level, leadership opportunities may also be available down the road, but are not a required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and refinement of complex mechanical components including documentation of design requirements, capabilities, sourcing, etc.
- Creation and refinement of technical part and assembly drawings to capture design intent and document key aspects necessary for manufacture.
- Selection of mechanical and electrical components including documentation of performance requirements, sourcing, modifications, etc.
- Identification of design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies with recommended revisions and/or improvements.
- Preparation of cost estimates and written technical proposals.
- Creation and maintenance of a Bill of Materials for multiple projects.
- Creation and refinement of system documentation such as operating and maintenance manuals, etc.
- Collaboration with other engineers, technicians, and administrative personnel to accomplish product and project goals.
Required Technical Skills:
- 5+ years of 3D CAD modeling experience (SOLIDWORKS preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in industrial automation and/or robotics.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes, machining, and fabrication techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of industrial grade automation components (sensors, motors, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience in reviewing engineering designs and data for approval.
- 3+ years of experience in project planning, budgeting, and task delegation.
Bonus Technical Skills:
- Machining or fabrication experience.
- PLC structured text programming experience. (TwinCAT, Codesys or similar platform)
- Robot arm programming experience. (Fanuc, Epson, etc.)
- Machine vision experience.
- Complete task assignments working both independently or with a team with minimal supervision.
- Effectively communicate ideas and concepts (in English both verbal and written form), to customers, peers, and team members.
- Manage multiple tasks in parallel and accurately reflect status of on-going work and timelines.
- Take ownership of your work with enthusiasm and pride to deliver the best possible quality.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- 5+ years of related experience.