Head of Policy and Public Affairs
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2023
Atlanta, Remote within United States; or hybrid in London About Cloverly 🍀To make meaningful progress in the fight against climate change, businesses must accelerate the decarbonization of their operations. Today, some emissions are truly unavoidable. This is where Cloverly fits in. Cloverly connects suppliers of carbon removals and offsets with the companies and consumers who want to take action now.Cloverly is a platform for climate action, with a marketplace for carbon removals. As the first API in the world for carbon credits, Cloverly is in a leadership position in building a new industry that the world deeply needs. The Head of Policy will play a pivotal role in paving the way on critical climate action matters within the company, and the broader climate ecosystem. This is a senior-level role and will report directly to Cloverly's CEO. Responsibilities:This person will drive Cloverly's strategy and execution of all policy-related matters. This is a mission-critical role with the opportunity to shape the policy landscape in a nascent but ever growing field. In this role, you'll need to combine your policy-related knowledge with a strong understanding of Cloverly and the market, and in turn materially shape Cloverly's strategy, product, and priorities. Responsibilities include:
- Develop a strong understanding of, and become a thought leader in, the rapidly evolving policy landscape associated with carbon markets and broader climate.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive policy strategy: Lead the development and execution of our company's policy vision and roadmap, including the identification of key policy objectives and priorities.
- Regulatory advocacy: Engage with government agencies, policymakers, and regulatory bodies at local, national, and international levels to shape policies that promote the adoption of carbon offset solutions. Advocate for the implementation of effective regulations and incentives that support the VCM.
- Stakeholder engagement: Build strong relationships with government entities, industry associations, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders. Identify opportunities for partnerships and collaborations that advance our policy and business objectives. Foster a robust community amongst key stakeholders in the climate action space.
- Thought leadership and external communications: Represent Cloverly as a subject matter expert at industry conferences, events, and public forums. Publish articles, white papers, and other materials to advance our objectives.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate closely with internal teams to provide guidance on compliance issues and support the development of strategies that leverage policy opportunities.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in climate policy development and advocacy
- You have a deep knowledge of climate policy (including carbon offsets), along with strong networks that you'll be able to leverage on day one
- Demonstrated ability engaging with government agencies, regulatory bodies, and industry stakeholders to influence or create climate policy
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify and prioritize policy objectives in alignment with business goals
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and across all functions
- Passion for environmental sustainability and a strong commitment to addressing climate change
- Strong business acumen, commercial sense, and marketing mind
- Adaptability and comfortable amidst ambiguity, changing directives, and rapidly evolving market conditions
- Desire to work in a high growth, fast-changing startup
- 🍀 Get to work on an important mission that truly makes a difference
- 📈 Tremendous company outlook where you will have limitless opportunities
- 🎉 Awesome culture where you will be empowered, make an impact, learn a ton, grow rapidly, and genuinely enjoy yourself and your teammates
- 💸 Meaningful equity
- 🌎 Remote-friendly (in the US, Hybrid in London)
- 🏝️ Open time-off policy